Experts Share Top Digital Signage Trends
Whether its social networking or alert notification, the trends these digital signage leaders see will be on your radar.
Video Displays ResourceLED Walls: A Bold and Exciting World Full of Options
LED walls deliver a range of lively moving images and backgrounds to high resolution video that offers eye popping video imagery.
We asked two industry leaders what trends they are seeing in the industry. Here are their observations.
Clive Fort, director of Product Management, Scala, Inc.
- We’re seeing the use of predictive and general analytics, to answer questions like ‘how can I improve my content based on historical and prediction data?’ This was initially for retail sites, but it may also prove useful for corporate locations, like to determine how successful content campaigns are.
- Social networking, and how it can be integrated into signage, how people can engage with it.
- How people can use their mobile device to engage with the signage, like scan QR codes, or use an app on the device to ask the screen to, say, show me more about this’ with a video.
- Interacting with touch-screen displays, which more people are now comfortable with, since they’ve been doing this on their smartphones and tablets.
Sean Matthews, president of Visix, Inc.
- Alert notification is becoming more popular as an influencer. E.g., for acute weather problems like tornadoes and flash floods, which impact hospitals, educational institutions, and houses of worship.
- Wayfinding. Using digital signage to help viewers know where they are, determine where they want to go and how to get there.
- Mobile and HTML5 support. HTML 5 is important for transient environments, where it can be harder to get someone to download an app.
- Social media integration. This helps people be more involved, which makes them more likely to read what’s being delivered.
Latest Resource5 Things To Know Before Choosing an Integrator
If you are not looking forward to working with your integrator, don’t hire them. Consider them as part of your staff.